Wednesday, November 5, 2008

history is happening.

Yesterday marked my first Presidential election in which I could vote. I must admit that I was surprised at just how exciting it felt to walk into the Sunset Church of Christ, find my way to the check-in table (I was a lucky one and didn't have to stand in line!), and fill out my ballot for the 2008 election that was guaranteed to change history no matter what the outcome.

I'm so hopeful for America. I don't want to get into a political debate or anyting, but I just want to say I am hopeful. and I think I would be hopeful no matter how the election turned out. Why? because this election showed me that young people really do care about the nation.

For the past few weeks, MSU's campus has been buzzing with political activity. Students for Obama and McCain campaigning the sidewalks, absentee ballots being filled out, students registering to vote for the first time, people coming out to watch films about the importance of the youth vote...

It's just enouraging to me. My generation has been characterized as apathetic. We aren't. We have opinions and we care. and this gives me hope!

Last night as I watched the election results, I can proudly say that I voted on November 4, 2008, in an election that was monumental for America.

HISTORY IS HAPPENING, and we are active participants!

4 comments:

JanetT said...

Hey Em, I remembered (when I saw you Sunday) you had this blog. I really like reading what you are up to...

JanetT said...

Hi Em, I forgot (until I saw you Sunday) you had this blog! I'm putting this address on my favorites, like I did the Spain blog. I really do like keeping up with you...Take care.

Ashley said...

Ooo, yay!!! I can leave a comment now!!! So I'm going to.....here ya go! :)

RaLF said...

we need a new post!